It Ends with Us | Review

Title: It Ends with Us
Author: Colleen Hoover
Pages: 376 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Rating: ★★
 

Review
 
All humans make mistakes. What determines a person's character aren't the mistakes we make. It's how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.

It Ends with Us tells the story of Lily, a young girl who never really had it easy. Her dad was abusive towards her mother. She's has seen a lot to know not to become like her mother, and do say goodbye to her husband if he'd ever do such a thing.
When Lily was fifteen, she met a homeless guy, named Atlas. They got a special bond but when Atlas graduated he left to go the marine, but promised to find her when he returns.
Years later Lily meets Ryle. A cute, charming and sexy neurosurgeon. Everythings goes well, she starts a relationship with him, opens a flower shop,.. But then there's the day he pushed her. But will she make the right choice by leaving him, or will she stay?

I feel like everyone fakes who they really are, when deep down we're all equal amounts of screwed up. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others.

It Ends with Us is such a hearbreaking story. For the very first moment I met Ryle, I loved him. I couldn't get enough of him. And I forgave him, just like Lily did. It was hard for me to read that their relationship turned into something really bad. I feel sorry for him, that he can't handle his anger. But at the same time Lily is right, he should've asked her about it, before he handled like that.
To be honest I was never really team Atlas until the last moments. I gave my heart to Ryle, but he crushed it and Atlas was the one to put the pieces back. Now I love him and want more of him!

"It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us."

I think this book is such a good lesson for people. You get to learn so much more about abuse, and how the person, who's abused, thinks. It was so real and reading the note from the author and the acknowledgments made me think even more about the story. There were moments with tears in my eyes and the book made me sad. But it was all worth it. Colleen Hoover did yet again a great job by writing It Ends with Us and never forget: just keep swimming!