College & internship update

So it’s been a while since I wrote something about my studies and my internship, but now that I’m finally graduated I thought it was time to write another update.

As I mentioned in my previous internship update, I had to work from home due to the coronavirus. It was definitely weird for me to work from home because I couldn’t really talk to my colleagues anymore and I couldn’t do a lot of tasks that I normally would do at my internship: taking pictures for social media, telephoning with external people, checking invoices, … Luckily there were still a few things that I could do such as working on the website, writing content for social media, creating a new brochure, etc. Even though it was weird working from home, I’m really glad that I got to learn the people at VDL KTI and got to learn more about myself. I’m really happy that I did my internship at VDL KTI and I’m also really sad that it is over.

After my internship, I had to focus on writing my bachelor paper and a few other assignments. The biggest struggle was concentrating. I’m not officially diagnosed with ADD but I’m 99% sure that I have ADD. When I went to a therapist a while ago, she mentioned that she thought I had ADD due to my mum having ADD (it’s hereditary) and due to my symptoms. I never got it checked by a psychiatrist because the waiting list was way too long. But back to my point: it was really hard working on these assignments for me due to losing my concentration the entire time. On top of that, I’ve been feeling a bit depressed and I didn’t want to go out of my bed and do something. But I’m happy that I managed to find some time to do these assignments when I was in a feeling somewhat better. I managed to write a decent bachelor paper, if I may say so myself, and I respected all the deadlines.

The next thing on my schedule was my bachelor presentation. For my presentation, I had to talk about personal branding and my bachelor paper. I’m not someone that loves presentations, so I was really nervous and stressed. Due to the coronavirus, I had to do the presentation via Microsoft Teams and I have to admit that it was less stressful than doing an actual presentation in front of a jury. My jury consisted of two teachers and two external people and I’m so glad that I did my presentation via Microsoft Teams. During my presentation, I was only able to see one person in the corner of my screen, so I just focused on my presentation and never looked at the person. Because of that, I was less nervous and stressy, and I was able to do my presentation well. I got some lovely feedback from all four of them and I’m just so glad that it’s over.

The last part of this very long blog post is about my graduation. I’m so happy to say that I’m finally graduated. I received my results yesterday, and I can proudly say that I passed everything and that I’m now graduated as an Office Manager. Unfortunately I will receive my diploma via mail and my actual graduation ceremony will happen in October due to the coronavirus. I’ll probably write a little update on my graduation ceremony in October!