Luckiest Girl Alive | Review

Title: Luckiest Girl Alive
Author: Jessica Knoll

Pages: 368 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Rating: ★★★
(I read the Dutch version, but I picked an English version to put in my review)

Review
Luckiest Girl Alive tells the story of TifAni FaNelli. The story begins when TifAni is 28 years. TifAni wants people to call her Ani and she's getting married in a few months. She has a great job at The Woman's Magezine. As the story continues, you begin to change perspective. First you read in the 28-year-old Ani and then in the 14-year-old TifAni. When you read in the perspective of 14-year-old TifAni, you get to know that she was raped and that she has experienced a murder at school. Through all these events you find out why Ani is now who she is, and what she has done to live like she lives know.

When I started in Luckiest Girl Alive, I didn't really know what to expect. It's not really the genre I normally read, but I was wondering if I would like it or not. In the beginning it was hard to get in to the story.. But as I went on, it was becoming easier. The story is very interesting, especially when you get to know more about TifAni when she was 14 years old. But when you read about Ani when she is 28 years old, I often find it boring and unnecessary. Some chapters are uninteresting and were difficult to get through.

What I think is good about this story is that you learn more about the characters because you can compare past and present. You can see how the characters have developed, for example Dean. Another good thing is that TifAni is a very realistic character. You get to know more about real teen issues, such as the first sips of alcohol or your first joint. Jessica Knoll shows what the consequences are. Jessica Knoll also shows how hard the world is, everyone should be thin and should study at a good university.

In short, the book was interesting and realistic, but very difficult to get through.