Trip to the Ardennes

I went to the Ardennes from the 10th till the 12th of February with my boyfriend and his family. It was really fun and I had a great time! Read further to know what I've done!

We left around 5 to go to the Ardennes, to Stavelot, and we arrived at more or less 7. It was a really pretty ride because there are a lot of hills in the Ardennes and you can see all the street lights in different heights. I didn't take a picture of that because my phone doesn't take good quality pictures when it's dark. But believe me, it was so beautiful!

When we arrived we explored the house. It's a really big house because we're with 7 persons and the house was made for 9 persons. There were 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 1 dining room and one living room. There was also a room with a sauna and a jacuzzi and that room was heaven! I have some pictures to show you and if you click here you can visit the website and find more info about the house.

The first evening in Stavelot we stayed at home and did some relaxing in the sauna and jacuzzi. The next day we went on a hike of 7 km. It was really beautiful. We saw a lot of forests, hills and snow! Later that day we went to a cafe and in the evening we relaxed in the jacuzzi. The last day we went on another hike but this time we did one in the direction of the village. It was also beautiful but I'm happy there was no snow. I almost fell because it was really slippery and if there was snow, I definitely would have fallen! There was even a time when we were passing a river and there were 2 swans, a male and a female. The male kept following us and came out the water to attack us and the swan was so close to where I was standing, and I was so scared! But luckily it didn't hurt us and when we passed the swan again, he just followed us in the water until he saw other humans. It was kinda scary because my boyfriend read that their bite could be really harmful, it can break bones!!! But I'm happy that we saw the swans because they're so beautiful and elegant.
I'm really happy that I said yes to this trip. I really liked it, it was really pretty and I had an amazing time. I would definitely go back to Stavelot!