Why I like reading ebooks

Lately, I’ve been reading so many ARC copies, most of which are ebooks, and that gave me the idea to talk about ebooks.

There are still a lot of people who will never read an ebook because they love the feel of physical copies. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my physical copies, but I think that ebooks are amazing too. Ebooks have so many advantages, and I wanted to share them with you guys.

One of the things I like the most about ebooks is that you can bring so many ebooks with you when you’re travelling. You just need an ereader or a tablet and you’re fine. You can bring as many ebooks as you want, and that’s not possible with physical copies. They weigh a lot, they take up a lot of space and for ebooks you just need to have a device with you.

When you have an ereader, tablet or just the app on your phone, you can adjust the font, the size of the font, the colour of the background and you can also highlight and take notes. You even have a built-in dictionary that you can download! For those who do not speak English as a mother language but do read in English, you don’t always understand every word, so a built-in dictionary is really handy.

One thing I also really like about ebooks is that you can just buy them and you instantly have them on your device. I know how awful it is to wait for a book to arrive at your home. Or when you feel like not going outside, buying ebooks is another amazing alternative. There are days that I don’t feel like going outside because of my depression or just because I’m not feeling well. So when you don’t want to start a book you own, you can just scroll on Amazon (or any other book retailer) and look for your next read.

And I want to end this post with my final and kind of funny advantage: you can read in whatever position you want. When I’m reading a physical book, they can be really heavy and it’s sometimes hard to keep your arms lifted. But an ereader or a tablet aren’t heavy at all and because of that, you can read in every position.

Do you like reading ebooks?