The Darkest Star | Review

Title: The Darkest Star
Series: Origin #1
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 368 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: Tor Teen
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

When seventeen-year-old Evie Dasher is caught up in a raid at a notorious club known as one of the few places where humans and the surviving Luxen can mingle freely, she meets Luc, an unnaturally beautiful guy she initially assumes is a Luxen … but he is in fact something much more powerful. Her growing attraction for Luc will lead her deeper and deeper into a world she’d only heard about, a world where everything she thought she knew will be turned on its head…


Review

The Darkest Star is the first book in the Origin series and tells the story of Evie and Luc. Origin is a spin-off series of the Lux series, but you don’t have to read the Lux series to be able to read the Origin series.

I’ve had The Darkest Star on my TBR for a few months, and I’m so angry at myself for not reading it sooner. I loved the Lux series so it’s no surprise that I loved The Darkest Star. Jennifer L. Armentrout is such an amazing author and I love that she created her own kind of aliens.

Evie is such a fun character. I loved reading in her perspective, she’s just so amazing! When I read the Lux series, I didn’t really know what to think of Luc. He was so weird but now I love him. He’s so funny and annoying. Now, he’s one of my favourite book boyfriends!

I’m so happy that Jennifer L. Armentrout decided to write a spin-off series because I loved the Lux series and it was amazing to read bits about the characters from the Lux series! The Darkest Star was such a well-written and addictive read. I cannot wait to read the sequel, The Burning Shadow!