Summer and Smoke | Review

Title: Summer and Smoke
Series: The Bullets #2
Author: Coralee June
Pages: 269 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

Summer Bright is just a name on a tombstone. A whispered mystery on the long-forgotten Woodbury Lane. Her ghost teases me with fear and perfection. She knows I’m not strong enough to do what I should’ve done years ago.

The Bullets are united once more, bonded by their demand for blood. There’s a vulnerability in their friendship, though.

Gavriel craves control.
Blaise fears losing me.
Ryker fights his guilt.
Callum’s moral compass will get us killed.

Chesterbrook may be where the old me died, but it’s also where I learned that hell isn’t a place, it’s a person. And if we aren’t careful, our plan for revenge could go up in smoke.


Review

Summer and Smoke is the second book in The Bullets series and continues the story of Summer and her four men, Blaise, Callum, Gavriel and Ryker.

So a lot of things happened in Summer and Smoke and I’m still processing everything. I felt so many different emotions throughout this book and I loved it. Coralee June did an amazing job with this book and I couldn’t put it down. Summer and Smoke was so addictive and such a page-turner!

Sometimes being strong meant knowing when to avoid the things that made you weak.

Summer had to deal with so many things in Summer and Smoke and I still think she’s really strong. She had a few breakdowns here and there, but every strong person can cry. I also really liked the few chapters in the men’s POV because you get to know more about their feelings and their first encounter with Summer. In my review of book 1, Sunshine and Bullets, I mentioned that I loved Callum, but I had a love/hate relationship with him in this book. As for Gavriel, I’m loving him now. My feelings for Ryker and Blaise didn’t change, but I no longer have a favourite one (this is not something negative).

Love was just this potent emotion that burst from the seams. It hurt, it moved, it healed.

Summer and Smoke was such a good sequel and I think this one was even hotter than the first book. I really liked the story and the changes in the characters, however, I didn’t really like the ending. I didn’t see the plot twist coming at all and the cliffhanger… I’m so glad that I can just read the third and final book and that I don’t have to wait for it to come out. Coralee June is such an amazing author and I’m so ready for book 3, Love and Lead!