Apollyon | Review

Title: Apollyon
Series: Covenant #4
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 385 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

Fate isn’t something to mess with … and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St., Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole ‘an Apollyon can’t be killed’ theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer … or she might become the God Killer herself.


Review


Apollyon is the fourth book in the Covenant series and continues the story of Alex and her friends.

I was so excited to finally start my buddy read with Sophie from Eyes of Owls. We’ve read all the other books in the series so we it’s no surprise that we read Apollyon together too. It’s also my first buddy read of 2021 so this buddy read was even more special. I really loved talking with Sophie after our 6 chapters a day. We even talked about some theories and it was so much fun!

Apollyon was such a good and addictive read. I really enjoyed reading this book and discovering more about Alex’ Appolyon powers and her connection with Seth. So many crazy things happened and I’m still processing everything. I just love the Covenant world, and I’m really invested in the characters. This series is just so good and addictive and you want to know what’s going to happen next.

I really liked Alex in Appolyon because she had some character development. She changed and she’s more mature now. I think she’s such a strong character and she is definitely one of my favourite heroines. I also loved Aiden’s devotion to Alex and that he tried to help Alex every day. Alex and Aiden’s moments together were so cute, I was always smiling. I want an Aiden for my own! I kinda hate Seth but I just know that he’ll redeem himself.

Apollyon was just another amazing book by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I’m not even surprised that I loved this book. JLA is one of my favourite authors and I’ve loved every book I’ve read by her. Apollyon was such a well-written read and such a page turner! You really want to know what’s going to happen to the characters and how the book/series is going to end. I’m so excited for Sentinel, the last book in the Covenant series, but I’m also so sad because it’s the last book… I’m not ready to let go of Alex and Aiden and their friends.