Sentinel | Review

Title: Sentinel
Series: Covenant #5
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 338 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

It’s a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St., Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear … or the end of herself.


Review


Sentinel is the fifth and final book in the Covenant series and continues the story of Alex and her friends.
 
I’m so sad that I finished Sentinel because it’s the last book in the Covenant series. But I’m also happy that I finally read this book. The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout is such a good series and will forever hold a special place in my heart. Jennifer L. Armentrout did an amazing job with this series and I’m not even surprised. JLA is such an amazing author and I love all of her books that I’ve read. 
 
He was my strength when I needed him to be, my friend when I needed someone to talk me down, my equal in a world where by law I would always be less than him, and honest to gods, he was the love of my life.
 
Sentinel was another buddy read with Sophie from Eyes of Owls and I loved reading this book with her. We read Apollyon together in January, so I’m really happy that I didn’t have to wait long for Sentinel. I loved discussing theories with her and talking about the characters. And we’ll probably read the Titan series together too, yay!

Kissing Aiden was like taking a deep breath of fresh air after not being able to breathe.
 
Now back to Sentinel. I loved Alex and Aiden. Their love story is so perfect, and I want an Aiden for my own. He always says and does the perfect thing, and I thought he was so cute when he was jealous. I loved their moments together and I’m really going to miss them. I’m also happy with Seth. He had some ups and downs but he finally redeemed himself. I’m also really excited to read more about him in the Titan series.

"Agapi mou, you are my everything."

When I was reading the final chapters, I couldn’t stop crying. I didn’t believe what was happening and I couldn’t believe that Jennifer L. Armentrout would end her book like that. But when I finally finished the book, there were happy tears on my face. The Covenant series is definitely one of my favourite series ever. It’s such a well-written series, and you cannot not fall in love with the characters. I’m kinda sad that this series is over because I’m not ready to let go of this story and the characters yet… But I’m so ready to read the Titan series and fall in love with Seth again!