A Beast So Cold | Review

Title: A Beast So Cold
Series: Beauty & The Beast #2
Author: Beena Khan
Pages: 400 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 15 April 2021
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis

The moment the devil saw me at the auction, he purchased me.

Once upon a time…

A beast craved me, the beauty… I was his Doll, and he was my darkest fairytale.

I ravaged the beast, and the rival Don, the blue-eyed devil took me.

His angelic beauty is frightening, and I want no part of it. I’m trapped by him now in a dark place and I can’t escape. I vowed to bring him down, and I won’t rest until I do.

Vlad made Dahlia his queen. The reason behind his smile. Nobody takes away what he wants. A beast is no man, and he’s going to prove it by dragging her from hell.

Vengeance is all Vlad seeks now, no matter what the cost. It’s kill or be killed.

Welcome to New York’s Underworld.
Loosely based on the fairytale.


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Beena Khan!
 
A Beast So Cold is the second book in the Beauty & The Beast series and continues the story of Dahlia and Vlad.
 
Once upon a time…
There was a beauty, and she ravaged the beast.


A Beast So Cold was such a good but also hard read. This book deals with some heavy topics such as bullying, abuse, rape, violence, … Thankfully Beena Khan added a trigger warning at the beginning of the book, because this book is definitely a lot darker than A Beauty So Cruel. But that doesn’t mean that this book wasn’t good, because it was. We get to know another side of Dahlia and Vlad, and I really enjoyed learning more about Salvi.
 
He’d made the beauty his queen. His sun and stars. He’d wanted her to rule by his side. She was the reason behind his smile, but then she set his world on fire.

I remember being really shocked at the end of the first book, A Beauty So Cruel. I didn’t expect Dahlia to be a DEA agent. Now in this book we all know who she really is, so it’s kind of a different experience. I still think she’s amazing and strong, but I felt so bad for Vlad. But he did some wrong things too though… I didn’t expect him to do those things but in the end he redeemed himself, I guess. Salvi was really interesting because he’s a beast like Vlad, but he also isn’t. I wish we could read some more about him.

I had met a beast who was living in the shadows of his past. I was the beauty in pursuit of a better future. And together we created beauty and the beast. 
 
As I mentioned in my review of the first book, I really like Beauty and the Beast retellings. Although this one is loosely based on the retelling, I liked it nonetheless. Beena Khan created an addictive story with interesting characters. I really enjoyed reading A Beast So Cold and I cannot wait to read more books by Beena Khan!