How to read more books

For those that don’t know it yet, every year I read quite a lot of books. The last couple of years I’ve read more than 150 books per year and I wanted to share my tips with you guys. And don’t get me wrong, it’s okay that you read 10 books a year, that still makes you a reader. But maybe you want to read some more but don’t know how. Well, I got some tips for you!

1. Read while on commute
One of the things I always did when I had to go to school was read while travelling by train and bus. I usually brought my ereader with me because a physical book can be heavy, but if you prefer reading physical books you can always do that. Or if you prefer audiobooks, that’s also a great option. Especially when you travel to school or work by car, you can still get some reading time done even though you’re not holding a book. I think that when I’ll get my driver’s licence, I’m definitely going to do that.

2. Read while doing other things
One of the best inventions ever is the audiobook. This year I started listening to audiobooks and I really like it. It’s so handy when you want to get some reading time done while you also have to do a number of things such as laundry, cleaning, and other things from your to do list. I’ve also listened to an audiobook while travelling by bike. It’s just so fun and I really need to get more audiobooks!

3. Plan your reading time
This may sound a bit weird, but if you plan moments in your schedule when you want to make time to read, you actually get more reading done. Some people pick up a book when they have some time left in their schedule, but usually people don’t have time left. But if, for example, you plan to read an hour before bedtime, you get some reading done. I usually try to read a bit during my work break and an hour in the evening. 

4. Always take a book with you
When I go outside I always take a book with me. I have the Kindle app on my phone, so I always have a book with me. There are times that I, for example, have to wait for someone and then I can easily get some reading done. I recommend using your phone or an ereader, but if you prefer a physical copy, then you gotta use a larger handbag or tote bag. But taking a book with you is always handy!

I hope these tips will help you read more books!