A Lock of Death | Review

Title: A Lock of Death
Series: Black Widow #2
Author: Beena Khan
Pages: 332 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 1 October 2021
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis
 
I am Number Nine, and I serve at the pleasure of those who come knocking at my door.

Once upon a time…
I was locked in a skyscraper in New York City with eight other girls.

I can’t belong to no single man because I’ve belonged to all. No identity, no friends, and no life outside the gilded door of this tower. When I’m not working, I paint the wall every day, the outside sun I’ve imagined that I’ve never felt on my skin.

One day, the Bratva Brotherhood comes for me.
Sociopath. Barbaric. Inhuman. The merciless man, Dimitri Nikhaelov wears no smile on his face as he barges into my room. No greetings. No words of assurance.

Imagine my surprise when he says, "You’re being delivered."

Now I’m on a road trip across the country with the deadly Russian man to my final assignment. I thought he was my prince charming, that he might be my savior, but I was so wrong. I didn’t know my freedom would come at a high price.

Welcome to New York’s Underworld.


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Beena Khan!
 
A Lock of Death is the second book in the Black Widow series and tells the story of Nine and Dimitri. The Black Widow series is a spin-off series of the Beauty & The Beast series, but A Lock of Death can be read as a standalone.
 
"You’re my joy and my sun. You’re my yellow, Goldie."
 
Ever since I read about Dimitri, I had to know his story. He always seemed so weird and emotionless, and it was so nice to discover why he’s so special. A Lock of Death was another amazing book by Beena Khan, and I’m so happy that I read Nine and Dimitri’s story. This book is loosely based on the Rapunzel retelling, and I loved it! Beena Khan did such an amazing job with A Lock of Death. It was addictive, fast paced and hard to put down!

Dimitri is one of a kind, lol. He’s really weird and we get an explanation why he is the way he is. I’m not going to spoil it for you, but I loved what Beena Khan did with Dimitri. The ‘disorders’ she speaks about are really interesting and I love seeing representation in books. Nine is also one of a kind. She’s really badass and I love her bravery. Again, I loved what Beena Khan did to this character. She’s so real, she’s been through a lot and has an addiction.

I’m glad that Dimitri got his happy ending with Nine, and I loved reading this story. Beena Khan is an amazing author, and her books are insane. If you’re looking for some Dark Mafia Romance books, then I highly recommend the Black Widow series and the Beauty & The Beast series. Please keep in mind that these books have triggering content, please check out the TW’s!