Top 5 favourite standalones

Here I am with another Top 5. It’s been a while since I posted one but I finally had some inspiration to create a blog post with my top 5 favourites. The topic of this Top 5 is favourite standalones. I usually read quite a lot of book series, but it’s really nice to read standalones too! Let’s talk about some of my favourites:

A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sarah Barnard
I originally picked up this book because I was in love with the cover, but after reading the synopsis I had to buy a copy. A Quiet Kind of Thunder was such a beautiful YA Contemporary book, and it’s a story that I will always remember. I’ve always been interested in muteness and deafness, and this book combines both.

Don’t Look Back
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Don’t Look Back is the first book I’ve read by Jennifer L. Armentrout and it started my love for JLA. Don’t Look Back was such a good YA Thriller, and I enjoyed every bit of it. I also didn’t see the plot twist coming at all! If you’re a fan of a good YA Thriller, or just a fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout’s work, you have to read Don’t Look Back!


Echoes of You
by Margeret McHeyzer
After reading the synopsis of Echoes of You, I was so intrigued by the story. Echoes of You is a Dark New Adult book about Molly and her memories. This book is divided into two parts, and the first part was a bit confusing. I was thinking of DNF’ing this book until I started part two, where everything made sense. This book was so interesting and I don’t want to spoil you, but it even taught me some things about the topic.

My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russel
I read My Dark Vanessa last year, and this book is still on my mind. Although this was a difficult book to read with a tough subject, I really loved reading this book. I cannot find the words to describe how I feel about this book because the subject is disgusting, distressing and pretty dark, but I do recommend picking up this book. 


Verity
by Colleen Hoover
Another amazing standalone Thriller. Colleen Hoover is one of my favourite authors and when she published Verity, I had to pick up a copy. When I finished this book, I didn’t know what to do with my life anymore. I had so many questions and I think that Colleen Hoover has a twisted and brilliant mind!

Here are my 5 favourite standalones. I probably have more favourites but these 5 are the ones that came to my mind!