Reject Me | Review

Title: Reject Me
Series: Immortal Vices and Virtues #1
Author: Kel Carpenter & Aurelia Jane
Pages: 390 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 29 May 2022
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

“Markus Del Reyes, I reject you.”

He left me no choice.

I refuse to spend the rest of my life with my childhood bully for a mate. I may be a cursed shifter, incapable of shifting – but I wasn’t desperate.

Not till the Alpha Supreme cast me out of the House of Fire and Fluorite for rejecting his son.

Now I’m packless.
Homeless.
No longer under the protection of a House.


Until the dark vampire king of Blood and Beryl turns his sights on me.

In return for protection from my former House, I have to become his fake mate.
I’ll be a queen and a fraud.

It’s a treacherous lie to live – and I find myself forgetting what’s real and what’s not with every stolen touch and heated kiss we share.
What starts as a business arrangement turns complicated when my heat hits, and the king insists on being the one to help me through it.

I’ve lost everything for doing what I know is right, but the greatest danger I ever faced was never losing my life … it was opening my cursed heart.

**Reject Me is a spicy standalone paranormal romance set in the Immortal Vices and Virtues Universe. Every book is a guaranteed happily ever after with a satisfying ending and no cliffhangers. Perfect for fans of Immortals After Dark, Black Dagger Brotherhood, and the Demonica series.**


Review

This book was provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Kel Carpenter and Aurelia Jane!
 
Reject Me is the first standalone book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world and tells the story of Dannika and Elias.

I’m a big fan of Fantasy Romance books, and when I saw that the Immortal Vices and Virtues series is going to be an eleven-book-series written by different authors, I couldn’t be more excited! The first book in the series is called Reject Me, and it’s written by Kel Carpenter and Aurelia Jane. I’ve read some books by Kel Carpenter that I really enjoyed, but Aurelia Jane is a new author to me. I really enjoyed the duo’s writing style and I fell in love with the characters. I read Reject Me in one sitting, it was such an addictive book and I had to know what was going to happen to the characters.

From the moment I met Dannika, I loved her. She’s such an interesting character, and I really enjoyed reading in her perspective. She’s not your average shifter, and I loved that about her. Elias is a vampire, and he’s so hot and irresistible. I loved seeing Danni and Elias fall for each other, and I loved reading their happy ending. There were some spicy scenes in this book, but also really funny moments that made me laugh out loud. I also really liked the secondary characters such as Adora and Ysa.

Reject Me was such an amazing and addictive Fantasy Romance, and it set the bar high for the next book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series. I really enjoyed reading this book, it was so well written, fast paced and hard to put down! I fell in love with the main characters, and I was so happy at the end of the book. I highly recommend Reject Me if you’re looking for an amazing Romance read with shifters and vampires. I’m really excited for the next book in the series, Queen Me.