A Web of Lies | Review

Title: A Web of Lies
Series: Black Widow #3
Author: Beena Khan
Pages: 310 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 15 July 2022
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

I’m an assassin who rose from hell and the rival Don is my target.

Once upon a December…
I was a wanderess, hungry, homeless, and then … bought, conditioned, and trained as a lethal assassin.

I don’t remember who I am.
I only remember my name. Anastasia.
To claim my life as a killing machine, I had to destroy others, and it became my violent destiny.

For seven long years, as the Bratva syndicate’s chosen one, I have served my leaders, and now, they have given me a new target, a new assignment.

I’m a silent predator underneath my hood. No one is aware I’m a woman until I come across him – Surge Romano, the emerald-eyed Italian Don of the ruling Family of New York. He’s twice my age and the only non-blooded member of the rival mob.

My duty collides with desire for the first time. I’m here to steal his life, but I have forgotten that I have a heart that beats. I’m not capable of mercy. If I show it, it will be a grave mistake. Too late, I see him and I … hesitate.

Welcome to New York’s Underworld.

Loosely based on the legend of Anastasia.

A Web of Lies is a standalone in the Black Widow dark mafia romance series.


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Beena Khan!

A Web of Lies is a standalone book in the Black Widow series and tells the story of Ana and Sergio. The Black Widow series is a spin-off series of the Beauty & The Beast series.

‘I found a woman worth marrying, but you are already married. Either way, you are mine, Ana.’

When I started reading A Web of Lies, I knew that I was going to love it! Beena Khan is an amazing Romance author, and her Mafia Romance books are the best. She doesn’t just write Mafia Romance, she makes her books darker, kinkier and her female characters are always so strong and likeable. There hasn’t been one book by Beena Khan that I didn’t enjoy! A Web of Lies was another amazing book, and I really loved Ana and Sergio’s story.

"To kill you would be killing a part of myself too, Ana.’
 
A Web of Lies tells the story of Ana and Sergio. Ana is a female assassin, and it’s so hard not to love her. She’s an amazing character, and this story is about her finding her place in this Mafia world, while falling in love with Sergio. Sergio isn’t your typical Don, he’s different and a lot older than Ana. I really enjoyed the different tropes in this book, and I loved Ana and Sergio together!
 
I kissed him like he was the last kiss I would ever have. He kissed me like I was the first kiss he always craved.
 
Like of all Beena Khan’s books, there’s an author’s note with a link to the trigger warnings. Make sure to read them before reading A Web of Lies. I also really liked that this book had a list of all the characters in Beena Khan’s Mafia world. It’s really handy for when you don’t remember a certain character. Talking about characters, I really loved reading about the other characters in this world during the wedding scene, and this book also had two bonus epilogues, one about Ghislaine and Alexander (A Kiss of Venom), and one about Nine and Dimitri (A Lock of Death). Beena Khan’s the best! I’m also really excited for the next book set in this world, A Beauty So Haunting!