Batwing Halloween makeup look | Tutorial

This is the third Halloween look for my Halloween makeup tutorials. This look is inspired by Halloween and bats. My eyeshadow and lip colour are typical Halloween colours and my eyeliner is in the shape of a batwing. The batwing is the difficult part of the look, but with a lot of patience and makeup remover, anyone can do a batwing!


I hope you will enjoy my Halloween looks this year, and if you want to check out my other Halloween looks, check out this page.

1. As usual, I started with my brows and eye primer. For my eyebrows I used my everyday eyebrow pencil Essence Micro Precise Eyebrow Pencil, and I primed my eyes with the Nyx HD Eyeshadow Base. After my base dried up, I used an orange eyeshadow colour all over my eyelid and in the crease. The eyeshadow palette I used is the Makeup Revolution Maxi Reloaded Palette in Monster Mattes.


2. To intensify the orange I used an orange-brown eyeshadow from the same eyeshadow palette. I put the colour in my crease and outer corner.


3. Then I added some glitter all over my eyelid. The glitter I used the ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Hiney.


4. Now that the eyeshadow is complete, it’s time to start with the eyeliner. I forgot to take multiple photos for each step, so I’m going to explain what I did. The first thing I did was create a small line all over my lash line. Since I have hooded eyes, I didn’t close my eyes while doing the next steps: I created the line from the cornor of my eye to the end of my eyebrow (1) and then I connected the part from the cornor of my eye to the small line I created on my lash line (2). Due to my hooded eyes, I had to create a thicker line at the outer corner of my eye so that when my eyes are open, you can see the batwing. Then I created the wing shape (3). I also created a small line in my inner corner, and I blended a black eye pencil with the two eyeshadows I used in step 1 and 2 on my lower lash line.


4. Then I added mascara and eyelashes, and the eye look was complete. For mascara I used the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara Waterproof, and for lashes I used the Catrice Limited Edition Lash! Boom! Bang! False Lashes in CO5 WHAAAM!.


5. To match my eyeshadow I used the KVD Beauty Everlasting Hyperlight Transfer-Proof Liquid Lipstick in Moonflower, and on top the eyeshadows and glitter I used for my eye look. I also highlighted my face with the Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal.

And that’s it!