Her Favorite Daddy | Review

Title: Her Favorite Daddy
Series: Mia Thorton #1
Author: Magdalin Laine
Pages: 167 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 9 November 2021
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis

He was older.

Wore his money on his wrist.

Just a fun fling at a bar to start her summer off right.

But the very next day, Mia finds him standing at the altar. And he’s about to marry her mother.

Could her life be any worse? The answer is yes. He was going to make it hell.

**This is a fun and dark novella with the heat turned up high and danger lurking around the corner. Content warning for cheating, explicit scenes, moral ambiguity, and violence.**


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Magdalin Laine!
 
Her Favorite Daddy is the first book in the Mia Thorton series and tells the story of Mia and her stepfather.

Magdalin Laine is a new-to-me author and when she reached out to me to read and review the Mia Thorton books, I got really excited. I read the synopsis of Her Favorite Daddy, and I was intrigued! I haven’t read that many stepdaughter/stepfather Romance books, and it’s always nice to read something new. When I started reading Her Favorite Daddy, I immediately wanted to know how the story was going to end, and let me tell you I didn’t expect the ending at all…

Her Favorite Daddy is about Mia who was a one-night stand with a random guy, who ends up becoming her stepfather the next day. Throughout the book they meet each other and experiment, while her stepfather remains in a ‘relationship’ with Mia’s mother. Although this story was totally taboo, I couldn’t get enough of it. The spice was everything!

Her Favorite Daddy is a good Romance read, it was quick and the ending was mind-blowing. When I read the last chapter of this book, I was so in shock and I didn’t expect the book to end like this at all. The plot twist made me give this book 4 stars, because I was planning on giving it 3 to 3.5 stars. The reason behind this rating is that the main character was sometimes a bit superficial, it felt like we didn’t get to know the ‘real’ Mia. But besides that, I really liked reading this book and I’m excited for the next book in the Mia Thorton series, Her Least Favorite Husband!