Her Least Favorite Husband | Review

Title: Her Least Favorite Husband
Series: Mia Thorton #2
Author: Magdalin Laine
Pages: 294 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 3 March 2022
Rating: ★★★

Synopsis

Being on trial for murder should be the worst thing that can happen.
But receiving an invitation to her own wedding takes the cake.
It was never going to be the happiest day of Mia’s life, but it could have been better if she knew about it more than a week in advance. Now she has to say “I do” because saying “I don’t” would be a sure way to lose her fingers and toes.
And after it’s done, there’s no going back. Divorce is not an option. She was raised to believe marriage lasts a lifetime. The only bright side is knowing that his life doesn’t need to last forever.

**This is a full-length 80,000 word novel and contains themes some readers may find upsetting. Please be aware of toxic behavior, questionable parenting, consent of the fuzzy variety, explicit scenes, violence, and moral ambiguity.**


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Magdalin Laine!
 
Her Least Favorite Husband is the second book in the Mia Thorton series and tells the story of Mia and her Kit.

After reading Her Favorite Daddy, I was so excited to start reading Her Least Favorite Husband. Her Favorite Daddy was such an interesting book and ended with such a massive plot twist that I didn’t see coming at all. After finishing Her Favorite Daddy I got some high expectations for Her Least Favorite Husband, and I got to admit that they didn’t really exceed my expectations. I expected more from this book, although the story was good in general, I thought something shocking was going to happen…

Her Least Favorite Husband is about Mia and Kit. Mia had an arranged marriage with Kit and they’re trying to get to know each other and eventually fall for each other. Although I liked both characters, I didn’t get that much chemistry between them and it took long for them to kind of like each other. I don’t really know how to explain it, but it felt like I wanted more than what happened in Her Least Favorite Husband

I was also kind of confused by the way Her Least Favorite Husband ended because I know there’s a third book about another relationship Mia has. I thought this book was going to end on a different note, like Her Favorite Daddy. Maybe I won’t be as confused after reading the third book in the Mia Thorton series, Her Favorite Brother. Although Her Least Favorite Husband wasn’t my favourite book in the series, I still liked reading it and I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series!