Slay Me | Review

Title: Slay Me
Series: Immortal Vices and Virtues #9
Author: Jessica Wayne
Pages: 259 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 26 January 2023
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

In No Man’s Circus, the Ringmaster controls everything – even me.

Every evening, I’m forced to perform. High above a crowd of supernaturals, I fly on my lyra. Never high enough to escape my captor.

And when the lights go down and the audience goes home, it’s just him and me.

I shouldn’t enjoy it.

This obsession he has with me.

But as a hybrid in a world where power is king, I’m nothing special.

Except when his eyes are on my body.

He’s a beast whose strength is unparalleled, a creature who demands my obedience, but even as the twisted parts of me are drawn to him, I refuse to be broken.

He’ll have to kill me first.

Slay Me is a steamy standalone paranormal romance set in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world. Every book is a guaranteed happily ever after with a satisfying ending and no cliffhangers. For mature readers 18+ due to language, sexual situations and violence.


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Jessica Wayne!
 
Slay Me is the ninth standalone book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world and tells the story of Liv and Dante.

She’s my beauty. I’m her monster. And there’s not a damn thing I won’t do for her – except let her go.

I’ve been patiently waiting for the next book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world, and when it finally arrived on my kindle, I got so excited! The Immortal Vices and Virtues world is such an amazing book series with Fantasy Romance books written by different authors and set in the same world. I really love this series because you get to know new authors and you get to read interesting stories with lots of spice! The next book in the series is Slay Me by Jessica Wayne. Jessica Wayne is a new-to-me author, and I really loved her book!

Slay Me is about Liv and Dante. Liv is part of Dante’s circus and in exchange for her performances, she is safe from the outside world. From the moment I met Dante in Liv’s POV, I knew I was going to love him. He’s mysterious and he’s (kind of) her enemy. And if you’ve read some of my other reviews, you know that I LOVE enemies to lovers. I loved reading about Liv and Dante, and I loved seeing them grow towards each other and finally give in to each other. I really enjoyed both POVs and I’m so happy with their ending.
 
He claimed my body first. My heart second. And now he holds my very soul in his hands.

Slay Me was yet another amazing book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series, and I’m not surprised. All these authors are so talented, and I love love love this world. Something that I also really enjoy is that you get to see some characters from previous (or sometimes future) books. It’s nice because you get reminded of their story. Although this happens, you can still easily read this book (and the other books) as standalones. But if you do read them as a series, you notice these things. I want to end this review by saying that Slay Me was such a good and addictive book, and I highly recommend the Immortal Vices and Virtues series!