The Sweet Spot | Review

Title: The Sweet Spot
Series: Tanlines #1
Author: Rochelle Allison
Version: Ebook
Release date: 14 February 2023
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis

It’s summertime in Santa Cruz, and for Wren Angelos, that means slinging ice cream and counting down the days until college starts. It’s shaping up to be a summer like any other until a casual DNA search finds the man that might be her father.

Luca Cardoso’s entire life is a balancing act. Between studying in California and working in Brazil, he must decide whether to follow his passions or stay on the path his father has laid out for him. But living in limbo is starting to lose its appeal, especially when he meets Wren on the boardwalk and sparks fly.

Wren’s not used to people sticking around. Luca’s always got one foot out the door. Will their trust issues keep them apart, or can they find the sweet spot of love?

Goodreads ~ Amazon

Review

The Sweet Spot is the first book in the Tanlines series and tells the story of Wren and Luca.

The Sweet Spot is the first book I’ve read by Rochelle Allison, so I didn’t know what to expect. The synopsis sounded interesting, and I was looking for a good Romance. The Sweet Spot was a fun Beach Romance/College Romance about love, friends and family. There’s a mix of romance and some spice, and the story itself was quick to read and enjoy. The only thing that I didn’t really like was the time jumps, to me there were a few too many? It’s not a deal-breaker, but I didn’t really think they were necessary. But besides that, I really enjoyed the story and the characters.

The Sweet Spot is a Romance book about Wren and Lucas. They meet one day but they forgot exchanging contact details or even last names. They have no way of contacting each other, but they still met each other a few unplanned times. On top of that, both characters deal with family and friend stuff. I really liked Wren and Luca’s story, how they met and how they ended up seeing each other when it was not planned. I really enjoyed their romance slowly growing into more.

The Sweet Spot was a good and easy Romance read, and I really enjoyed it! Wren and Luca are lovely characters, their story was nice to read about, and I’m happy with their ending. If you’re looking for a cute Romance, then I highly suggest picking up The Sweet Spot. I liked the Romance part, but also the subplot part of Wren and her father. Although The Sweet Spot is the first book in the Tanlines series, this book can be read as a standalone. I’m excited for the next book in the Tanlines book series!