2023 book haul | Part 1

Now that the first 4 months of 2023 have passed, I want to share the books I bought from January ’till April. I don’t think that I bought a lot of books, but I still bought a few books. I haven’t read all of them yet, but I’ll probably read them somewhere this year. Let’s talk about the books I bought in 2023 so far!

1. Of Fate and Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #3.5) by Amanda Bouchet
Of Fate and Fire is the first ebook I bought this year. I bought it because my lovely friend, Sophie, and I read this book in January. We started reading the Kingmaker Chronicles books in 2022, and I really enjoy the story and the characters! We are currently up to date with the book series.

2. A Shadow in the Ember (Flesh and Fire #1) - Dutch Limited Edition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
When Jennifer L. Armentrout shared the Dutch Limited Edition in her Facebook reader group, I had to buy. Although I have the ‘normal’ English edition, I couldn’t not buy this book! This edition comes with beautiful art, sprayed edges, a bookmark and a map card with JLA’s autograph.


3. King of Battle and Blood (Adrian x Isolde #1)
by Scarlett St. Clair
I got this book as a birthday gift from Sophie. I read this book in April, and I really enjoyed it. King of Battle and Blood was a Fantasy Romance that kind of reminded me of Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Blood and Ash series, but in a good way. It had the same vibes and I immediately fell in love with the male interest! I’m so excited for the next book in the Adrian x Isolde series!


4. Demon in the Wood: A Shadow and Bone Graphic Novel
by Leigh Bardugo
I got this book as a birthday gift from my boyfriend, and I haven’t read it yet. I really love that graphic novels are more of a thing now, that more books are turning into graphic novels. I loved them when I was younger and I still love them. I’m really interested in this story because I liked the short story. I’m really looking forward to seeing the story come to life in different drawings.


5. Normal People
by Sally Rooney
Normal People was also a birthday gift from my boyfriend. This book has been on my TBR for a while now, ever since one of my favourite teachers recommended it to me. I’ve heard great things about this book, so I’m excited to pick it up this year.


6. Long Live the Pumpkin Queen: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
by Shea Ernshaw
And the last birthday gift! I got this book from my bestie Lana because I’m a big The Nightmare Before Christmas fan. I’m really excited to pick up this book because I’m having high hopes for this story. I’ll probably read this book somewhere in October to get into the Halloween vibes.


7. The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel Vol. 6
by Cassandra Clare & Cassandra Jean
As I mentioned before, I love graphic novels based on books. I’ve been enjoying the The Immortal Instrument graphic novels because I really enjoy the drawing style and that they’re fun and quick to read. I’ve already read this one, and I cannot wait for the next one to come out!


8. Maybe Not (Maybe #1. 5)
by Colleen Hoover
I’m slowing completing my Colleen Hoover collection, and this one was still missing. I was visiting one of my local book stores and I saw that they have this one in stock, so I had to buy it. I’m still missing 3 books and then my collection is complete! I’ve already read the Maybe series, I read them when I was younger and I really enjoyed them. I loved the different representations in this book!


9. Daisy Jones & the Six
by Taylor Jenkins Reid
In April I watched the Daisy Jones & The Six TV show and I’m obsessed. I had to buy the book so I could still ‘live’ in the same world. I really hope that the book is as good as the TV show, but it’s probably even better. I’m so excited to read this book!


10. Things We Never Got Over (Knockemout #1) 
by Lucy Score
I’ve seen this book everywhere, on my Twitter, my Instagram and my Pinterest. It’s everywhere. Besides the beautiful cover, the synopsis is really interesting and it sounds like my cup of tea. Sometimes I just want to read a Romance with no Fantasy or Thriller stuff, and this one looks like the perfect read!


11. Crush (Crave #2)
by Tracy Wolff
And the last book of this haul is Crush by Tracy Wolff. I’ve been buddy reading the Crave series with Sophie and we’re both enjoying the books. Crush is so far my favourite one in the series, it had the perfect ending. I’m currently reading the third book, Covet, and Sophie and I will probably finish the series soon. YAY!