Protect Me | Review

Title: Protect Me
Series: Immortal Vices and Virtues: Her Monstrous Mates #2
Author: Jessica Wayne & Heather Hildenbrand
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 12 July 2023
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

I ran from my cruel fiancĂ©…and found myself in the arms of three powerful shifters.

When I throw myself at the mercy of the Ringmaster in No Man’s Land, I’m only seeking temporary refuge.
A place to hide from the corruption and death that waits for me back home.
Three months. That’s all I have until the protection the circus provides me expires.0
My bodyguards? Three shifters who look at me like they want to eat me for dinner.
They want my body.
My heart.
And even as the attraction I feel for them is stronger than anything I’ve ever felt, neither of those are mine to give.
Not anymore.
The past I’m running from still holds me captive. But in the arms of my protectors, I’ve never felt more free.

**Protect Me is a spicy standalone paranormal romance in the Immortal Vices and Virtues universe. You can expect ‘touch her and I’ll unalive you’ vibes and three growly mates who will do anything to keep her. Mature themes will be present. Reader discretion is advised.**


Review

This book was provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Jessica Wayne and Heather Hildenbrand!

Protect Me is the second standalone book in the second season of the Immortal Vices and Virtues: Her Monstrous Matesand tells the story of Sway, Bracken, Duncan, and Killian.
 
I was so excited when I got my hands on another book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world. I’m such a big fan of this Fantasy Romance series because I love the characters, the world and all the spice! Every book in the first Immortal Vices and Virtues season is about one mate, and every book in the second season is about multiple mates. So the second season is perfect for lovers of Why Choose/Reverse Harem!

Protect Me is the second standalone book, and it was so good! I loved reading in all perspectives, Sway is such a strong character and the men, Bracken, Duncan and Killian are so handsome and sexy. I want a lion shifter for myself! I also really like that the cover has three lions on them, it fits the story so well! Something I also really loved about this book was reading about some characters we met in the first season. Protect Me takes place in the same place as Jessica Wayne’s Slay Me, and we get to read about Liv and Dante again. I really missed them!

Protect Me was another amazing book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series, and I didn’t expect anything else! All of these books have the perfect amount of romance, spice, banter and action. It was so nice to read about familiar characters and I just couldn’t get enough of Sway, Bracken, Duncan and Killian. I truly enjoyed reading about them, and I’m going to miss them! I’m also already excited for the next book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues: Her Monstrous Mates series because I know I’m going to love it!