Taste Me | Review

Title: Taste Me
Series: Immortal Vices and Virtues: Her Monstrous Mates #6
Author: J.R. Thorn
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 25 October 2023
Rating: ★★★★.5

Synopsis

One word could kill them all.

That’s what I was warned about after the first accident when I killed my family's allies. My powers manifested too young.

Powers I never asked for.

I can connect with the realm of the dead. My medium?

My voice.

And so I don’t talk. Ever. Not to anyone—except my sister, of course. She’s the only reason I’m not utterly insane after a lifetime spent hiding.

In the darkness.

In silence.

Under a shroud of loneliness with only the dead for company.

Until I meet them.

Jasper.

Kornelius.

Zyran.

Three sinfully gorgeous vampires without a House who I don’t trust.

Because my words didn’t kill them when they came for me.

My time spent hiding is over, because now all of the Houses know about me.

And I can choose to run… or I can scream.

Taste Me is a spicy standalone romance with obsessively protective mates. These psychotic vampires will guide Ishara on a road of self-acceptance and forgiveness, but not before breaking down her emotional walls. There will be biting. There will be darkness. And there will be blood. Reader discretion is advised.


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you J.R. Thorn!

Taste Me is the sixth standalone book in the second season of the Immortal Vices and Virtues: Her Monstrous Matesand tells the story of Ishara, Jasper, Kornelius and Zyran.

Taste Me was another incredible read, and I didn't expect anything else! The Immortal Vices and Virtues world is such an amazing Fantasy Romance book series with interesting characters and well-written stories. Taste Me is written by J.R. Thorn, a new-to-me author. I didn't know what to expect, but I did have high hopes since I really enjoy the Immortal Vices and Virtues books. J.R. Thorn didn't dissapoint me at all, she wrote an amazing and spicy story with dark and intersting characters.

Taste Me tells the story of Ishara, Issy, a character that we have met in another Immortal Vices and Virtues book, Claim Me by Lexi C. Foss. Claim Me tells the story of Issy's sister, Fallon. Issy is a death witch and her mates are vampire hybrids. One intersting detail is that her mates are triplets... Sexy brothers with fangs? Yes, please! I really enjoyed reading about Issy, Jas, Kor and Zy. Her mates match her darkness and they're so perfect together!

Taste Me was such a great read in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world! If you enjoy the Fantasy Romance genre then I recommend the Immortal Vices and Virtues world. If you're more into one mate, then the first season, Immortal Vices and Virtues, is for you. If you enjoy reading about multiple mates, then you should definitely check out the second season, Immortal Vices and Virtues: Her Monstrous Mates! I truly enjoyed every book in the series, and it's a nice way to discover new authors!