Forbid Me | Review

Title: Forbid Me 
Series: Immortal Vices and Virtues: Shadow Shifter Bonds #6
Author: Heather Renee
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 18 June 2024
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis

When Loyalty Clashes with Desire, True Love Roars

My pack thinks I'm stoic. In truth, I'm a murderer who has never shaken off the scars of my first kill when I was a child. Once my life was forfeit, now it belongs to my King. And when the Panther King orders me to retrieve his mate from the chaos happening on Earth, I do it without asking questions.

That is until my first whiff of the woman who my panther believes is his fated mate.

She will undoubtedly be my queen.

But does my loyalty rest with the crown the king, my best friend, wears?

Or at the feet of a witch whose touch is forbidden to me?

**Forbid Me is a spicy standalone romantasy set in the Immortal Vices and Virtues Universe. Every book is a guaranteed happily ever after with a satisfying ending and no cliffhangers. Perfect for fans of Immortals After Dark, Black Dagger Brotherhood, and the Demonica series.**


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Heather Renee!

Forbid Me is the sixth standalone book in the third season of the Immortal Vices and Virtues: Shadow Shifter Bondsand tells the story of Stella and Oz.

I'm happy because there's another book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues: Shadow Shifter Bonds series! The Immortal Vices and Virtues book series is such an amazing series if you love reading Fantasy Romance books written by different authors but set in the same world. I really enjoy reading the Immortal Vices and Virtues books because I love the world, characters and the stories. Each story is different and has different characters, but you also get to read bits about previous or future characters. You can read each book as a standalone, so if you're not into book series, then you can still read one of the books in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world.

The Shadow Shifter Bonds is the third season in this world, and this season talks about/mentions characters from Tartarus. Forbid Me doesn't really focus on characters from Tartarus, but we do get to read some bits about Tartarus. Forbid Me is about Stella and Oz, both characters are shifters. Stella and Oz aren't my favourite couple of the third season, but I still liked reading about them. I also really liked that this story has a plus-size female main character, there just aren't enough Fantasy stories with badass plus-size women!

Forbid Me was a quick read, and was a great addition to the Immortal Vices and Virtues world. As I mentioned before, I truly enjoy reading the Immortal Vices and Virtues books, and I'm always excited to read the next book in this universe. I'm a big fan of Romantasy, and these books have the perfect mix of interesting characters/storylines, spice and action. I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book in the third season, and I hope there will be a fourth season!