Top 5 favourite Netflix Original series

I’m such a TV show addict, and Netflix has created some amazing shows. I wanted to share a few of my favourite shows and I hope you’ll love them as much as I do!

1. Atypical
A few friends recommend Atypical to me because it was so funny and interesting, so I had to give this show a try. I really like it, it’s so addictive and I cannot wait to watch season 3!

Synopsis
This heartfelt comedy follows Sam, a teenager on the autism spectrum, who has decided he is ready for romance. In order to start dating – and hopefully find love – Sam will need to be more independent, which also sends his mother on her own life-changing path. She and the rest of Sam’s family, including a scrappy sister and a father seeking a better understanding of his son, must adjust to change and explore what it means to be ‘normal.’

2. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
When I saw the trailer of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, I knew that I was going to love the show. It’s the right amount of suspense, paranormal and romance!

Synopsis
This adaptation of the ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch’ tale is a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror and the occult. In the reimagined origin story, Sabrina Spellman wrestles to reconcile her dual nature – half-witch, half-mortal – while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family – including aunts Hilda and Zelda – and the daylight world humans inhabit.

3. Sex Education
Just like Atypical, this TV show was recommended by a few of my friends because it was hilarious. I have to agree with my friends, I really enjoyed watching this show and for those that don’t know a lot about sex, you can definitely learn a few things!

Synopsis
Socially awkward high school student Otis may not have much experience in the lovemaking department, but he gets good guidance on the topic in his personal sex ed course – living with mom Jean, who is a sex therapist. Being surrounded by manuals, videos and tediously open conversations about sex, Otis has become a reluctant expert on the subject. When his classmates learn about his home life, Otis decides to use his insider knowledge to improve his status at school, so he teams with whip-smart bad girl Maeve to set up an underground sex therapy clinic to deal with their classmates’ problems. But through his analysis of teenage sexuality, Otis realizes that he may need some therapy of his own.

4. Stranger Things
I was a bit late with Stranger Things because I didn’t watch it when it came out but I’m glad that I gave it a try because it’s so good!

Synopsis
Joyce Byers lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 – inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce’s 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl.

5. The Order
My mum recently told me that there was going to be a second season of The Order because she thought I already watched the first season, which I hadn’t. So I checked it out and I was fascinated by the story. It’s really original and I watched the entire season in 1 day!

Synopsis
When Belgrave University student Jack Morton joins a fabled secret society, the Hermetic Order of the Blue Rose, he is thrust into a world of magic, monsters and intrigue. Out to avenge his mother’s death, he uncovers dark family secrets and lands in an underground battle being waged between werewolves and practitioners of dark magic. Assisting Jack in the fight is Alyssa, a tour guide at Belgrave and fellow member of the Order, which is led by Jack's estranged father.