2019 reading goals wrap up

In 2019 I made a few goals, nothing too crazy, but I still wanted to read more as well as finish my 2018 TBR. Let’s see what I’ve read in 2019!

1. Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge
As for my Goodreads Reading Challenge, I wanted to read 170 books and I managed to read even more books. I’m very happy with the number of books I read this year!

2019 Reading Challenge

2019 Reading Challenge
Shirley has read 127 books toward her goal of 170 books.
hide

2. Read more Manga, Comics and Graphic Novels
I wanted to read more Manga, Comics and Graphic Novels and I did read some!

Manga:
  • Between Duty and Desire by Rin Tanaka
  • Otomen Vol. 1 (Otomen #1) by Aya Konno
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers #1) by Sachiko Shirai & Sandra Marton
  • Dante’s Blackmailed Bride by Ellie Misono & Day Leclaire
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1.1) by Earithen & Gena Showalter
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1.2) by Earithen & Gena Showalter 
Comics:
  • Harley Quinn 2016 comics #36–41 by Frank Tieri
  • Hidden Heartbreak by Emma Lee
Graphic Novels:
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel Vol. 1 by Cassandra Clare & Cassandra Jean

3. Read more LGBT+ books
Not all of these books has a main focus on LGBT+ but I still wanted to mention books that had LGBT+ characters in it.

  • The Blood Prince (Sovereign #3) by Josie Jaffrey: gay couple
  • Wolf Freed (The Last Shifter #4) by Sadie Moss: some M/M and M/F/M Romance, poly
  • The Age of Vampires series (6 books) by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti: gay couple 
  • Standing Sideways by J. Lynn Bailey: gay character 
  • They/Them/Their by Eris Young: informative book about nonbinary and genderqueer
  • Chrysalis (The Order #3) by Nikki Rae: bisexual & poly characters
  • High School Queens (The High School Queen Trilogy) by Zachary Ryan: gay couple
  • Pomegranate Seeds by Melissa Jennings: poetry collection about being polyamorous
  • As You Breathe Again (The Walker Boys #2) by Molli Moran: gay couple
  • Collide: Episode Two (The Collide Series #2) by Nicole Sobon: bisexual character, F/F couple
  • Collide: Episode Three (The Collide Series #3) by Nicole Sobon: bisexual character, F/F couple 
  • If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo: transgender, bisexual and lesbian characters
  • All Boy by Mia Kerick: transgender character
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers #1) by Brigid Kemmerer: gay couple
  • Finding Me by Kelly Gunderman: gay couple (one of the guys is bisexual), two mums (lesbian couple)
  • Red Queen series (4 books) by Victoria Aveyard: f/f and m/m couple
  • Academy of Unpredictable Magic series (6 books) by Sadie Moss: poly, M/F/M, M/M/F/M/M
  • Kingdom Cold series (3 books) by Brittni Chenelle, two gay characters 
  • Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series (2 books) by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti: lesbian side character 
  • The Darkest Star (Origin #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout: F/F couple 
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas: bi/pan character 
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J. Maas: F/F couple

4. Finish some book series
I wanted to finish 3 book series, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and Talon by Julie Kagawa.

I managed to finish all three of these series and I’m so happy that I read these books! I didn’t know why I waited so long because they were all amazing! The only book that I still need to read is the novella collection The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas, but for me this goal is complete!
    5. Finish my 2018 physical TBR
    I had a physical TBR of 18 books:
    • Anthem for Jackson Dawes by Celia Bryce
    • After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel
    • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas
    • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J. Maas
    • Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard
    • King’s Cage (Red Queen #3) by Victoria Aveyard
    • War Storm (Red Queen #4) by Victoria Aveyard
    • If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
    • In the Absence of the Sun by Morgan Rublee
    • Legion (Talon #4) by Julie Kagawa
    • Inferno (Talon #5) by Julie Kagawa
    • Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox #1) by Julie Kagawa
    • The Ultimate Survival Guide to Being a Girl by Chrostin/Christina De Witte
    • Tell Me (Me #1) by Abigail Strom
    • The Darkest Star (Origin #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • To Make Monsters Out of Girls (Things that Haunt #1) by Amanda Lovelace
    • Verity by Colleen Hoover
    • Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith
    I managed to read all the books from my physical TBR except Windfall. I tried to read Windfall but I couldn’t get into the story, so I decided not to read it. I rather read something I want to read than read something because I have to.

    I’m happy that I managed to complete all my goals and I hope 2020 will be another amazing reading year!