2020 Reading goals

I really liked creating my 2019 reading goals, so I decided to create some new goals for 2020. As I mentioned in my 2019 reading goals post, I’m not someone who sticks to NY resolutions. I did, however, managed to complete almost every 2019 reading goal, so I’m really proud. Let’s have another amazing reading year! If you’d like to see whether or not I completed all my 2019 reading goals, click here.

1. Goodreads 2020 Reading Challenge
So in 2019, I read a total of 209 books and my goal was to read 170 books. I did pretty well if I can say so myself. This year I’d like to read 200 books.

2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Shirley has read 1 book toward her goal of 200 books.
hide

2. Read more poetry books
Last year my second goal was to read some more comics, graphic novels and manga and I did read some. I wanted to change it and read more poetry since last year I didn’t read that much poetry.

3. Read more books that address mental health topics
This goal used to be reading more books with LGBT+ characters and I managed to read a lot of books with main or side characters that are from the LGBT+ community. This year I would like to read more books that talk about mental health or characters that deal with mental disorders. I haven’t read enough books like these, so I hope that I get to read some books that address mental health topics.

4. Read 20 books from my 2019 ebook TBR
In 2019 I made some spreadsheets for my ebook and physical TBR and now that I have an overview, I know that I need to read quite a lot of ebooks, more or less 50 books. I know that I will not be able to read all these books in 2020 because I know myself and I’m not someone that sticks to, for example, a monthly TBR. So my goal is to read 20 ebooks from this list, I think that’s doable.
5. Finish my 2019 physical TBR 
My 2019 physical TBR consists of 13 books:
    • After We Collided (After #2) by Anna Todd
    • As Old As Time (Twisted Tales #3) by Liz Braswell
    • Darker (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian #2) by E.L James
    • Feminists Don’t Wear Pink (And Other Lies) by Scarlett Curtis & Bronwen Brenner 
    • Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott, Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis
    • Maybe Now (Maybe #2) by Colleen Hoover
    • Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • Reflection (Twisted Tales #4) by Elizabeth Lim
    • Regretting You by Colleen Hoover
    • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox #2) by Julie Kagawa
    • The Assassin’s Blade (Throne of Glass #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas
    • The Burning Shadow (Origin #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill
    Do you have some reading goals for 2020?