Red eyeshadow with gold shimmer | Tutorial

It’s been a while since I did a tutorial but last week I felt like creating a look for my blog, so I played with the red colours from the Makeup Revolution Maxi Reloaded Palette Monster Mattes.

I created this look a little while ago but I have finally time to write everything down for the tutorial. I know it’s not a lot of work but I just keep procrastinating… Oh well, it’s finally up on my blog, so I hope you like this look!

PS: I know that I should’ve blended the inner part with the red a bit better but I’m not a professional and I do makeup for fun. And I’m sorry that some of the pictures don’t have the same lighting. It was cloudy…

Let’s get started with the tutorial!

1. Prime your eyelids and set them with a light eyeshadow.

2. I used 2 different shades of red in the crease and I made a wing-shaped look.

3. For the cut crease, I used my Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define concealer and I set it with this skin-like eyeshadow from the same Makeup Revolution palette I used in the previous step. On top of the cut crease, I used a beautiful shimmer eyeshadow from Nabla.

4. For the lower lash line, I used the Nyx Cosmetics Faux Blacks Eyeliner in OxBlood and blended the liner with the same two red shades. I also cleaned up the wing shape with a makeup wipe.

As you can see I already did my eyebrows and I used the Essence Micro Precise Eyebrow Pencil and the Catrice Lash & Brow Designer – Shaping and Conditioning Gel. After the eyeshadow, I used the Essence Lash Princess Mascara in Waterproof and the Catrice Limited Edition Lash! Boom! Bang! False Lashes in C05 WHAAAM! As for highlighter, I used the Essence The Highlighter in 20 Hynoptic. Lastly, we have lips: I used the Suede Matte Lip Liner in Munchies, the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Mannequin and on top the Makeup Revolution Pout Bomb Plumping Lipgloss in Glaze.

And here’s a close-up of the finished look!