The Burning Shadow | Review

Title: The Burning Shadow
Series: Origin #2
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 431 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: Tor Teen
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

When Evelyn Dasher crossed paths with Luc, she was thrown headfirst into the world of the Lux – only to discover that she was already far more involved in their world than she ever suspected.

Because the Luxen aren’t the only ones with a hidden past. There’s a gap in Evie’s memory, lost months of her life and a lingering sense that something happened, something she can’t remember and nobody is willing to tell her. She needs to find out the truth about who she is – and who she was. But every answer she finds only brings up more questions.

Her search for the truth brings her ever closer to Luc, the Origin at the center of it all. He’s powerful, arrogant, inhumanly beautiful, extremely dangerous … and possibly in love with her. But even as Evie falls for him, she can’t help but wonder if his attraction is to her, or to the memory of a girl who no longer exists.

And all the while, a new threat looms: reports of a flu-like, fatal virus that the government insists is being spread by Luxen. A horrifying illness that changes whoever it touches, spreading panic across a country already at its breaking point.


Review

The Burning Shadow is the second book in the Origin series and continues the story of Evie and Luc. Origin is a spin-off series of the Lux series, but you don’t have to read the Lux series to be able to read the Origin series.

The Burning Shadow was yet another amazing book by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I’m kind of ashamed to admit that I had it on my shelf for a while and I don’t know why I waited this long to read this book?! The Burning Shadow was such a good book and I just love reading about Luc and Evie, and the other characters from the Origin and Lux series!

Evie’s been through a lot and she discovered some secrets in The Darkest Star, but she was definitely not prepared for all the secrets in The Burning Shadow. So much happened in TBS and I don’t know how she’s still able to deal with all that stuff. She’s such a strong character and I just love her. Luc, my handsome origin, I cannot get enough of him. He’s just so funny and weird, and just perfect for Evie!

So many crazy things happened in The Burning Shadow and I just really need the sequel, like right now. I have so many questions, there were so many secrets and crazy stories… The Burning Shadow is just such an addictive read and it was hard to put this book down. But I didn’t expect anything else from one of my favourite authors. I also really liked the Marvel, Harry Potter etc. references, it was just so cute!