2020 Reading goals wrap up


1. Goodreads 2020 Reading Challenge
My Goodreads Reading Challenge is 200 books and I managed to read 201 books. One more that my goal.

2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Shirley has read 1 book toward her goal of 200 books.
hide

2. Read more poetry books
I wanted to read more poetry collections this year and I read:
  • Sincerely, by F.S. Yousaf
  • Girls Like Us by Elizabeth Hazen
  • shot glass confessional by Cyrus Parker
  • Poems Worth Saving by Abigail de Niverville
  • Dear Girl by Aija Mayrock
  • A Strangely Wrapped Gift by Emily Juniper
  • Pastel Dreams and Glittered Hearts by Samira Vivette
  • Depersonalise by MSJ
  • Break Your Glass Slipper (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale #1) by Amanda Lovelace
  • sunfish by Shelby Eileen
  • becoming. by Renaada Williams
  • Moonflower by Sabina Laura
  • Lover (The Art of Staying Lost #1) by Sakshi Narula

3. Read more books that address mental health topics
I wanted to read more books with characters that struggle with mental health problems/illnesses (some of these books briefly mention the MH problem/illness) and I read:
  • Kings of Quarantine (Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep #1) by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti: obsessive-compulsive disorder
  • A Strangely Wrapped Gift by Emily Juniper: obsessive-compulsive disorder
  • Echoes of You by Margaret McHeyzer: dissociative identity disorder
  • Pastel Dreams and Glittered Hearts by Samira Vivette: depression & anxiety
  • becoming by Renaada Wiliams: depression
  • Kings of Lockdown (Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep #2) by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti: obsessive-compulsive disorder
  • The Ghost of You (Broken Lyrics Duet #1) by Tori Fox: obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression
  • Fragile Things (Folkestone Sins #1) by Samantha Lovelock: anxiety
  • Harvest (The Order #5) by Nikki Rae: anxiety

 
4. Read 20 books from my 2019 ebook TBR
My 2020 goal was to read 20 ebooks from this list, and I read 22 books:

  • The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld #5) by Gena Showalter
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6) by Gena Showalter
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7) by Gena Showalter
  • The Darkest Surrender (Lords of the Underworld #8) by Gena Showalter
  • Fresh in the Kitchen (The LUSH Restaurant #2) by Olivia Burke 
  • As Long As You Hate Me by Carrie Aarons 
  • Trouble Next Door by Stefanie London
  • Falling For Him by Khardine Gray
  • Cockloft by K.C. Lynn
  • When We Touch by Tia Louise 
  • Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  • Further To Fall by Catherine Cowles
  • Ask Me Anything by Molly E. Lee
  • The Songs We Sing (Young Love #1) by Kylie Key
  • Blood and Magic by R.L. Weeks 
  • Catch My Fall (Catch #1) by Ella Fox
  • His Virgin (His and Hers #1) by Vivian Wood
  • Peony Red (Granite Harbor #1) by J. Lynn Bailey
  • Cinderella Screwed Me Over by Cindi Madsen
  • Sunfish by Shelby Eileen
  • Witch’s Honor (Bloody Hearts #2) by Anya J. Cosgrove
  • Cursed Souls (Bloody Hearts #3) by Anya J. Cosgrove

5. Finish my 2019 physical TBR
My 2019 physical TBR consists of 13 books:
    • After We Collided (After #2) by Anna Todd
    • As Old As Time (Twisted Tales #3) by Liz Braswell
    • Darker (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian #2) by E.L James
    • Feminists Don’t Wear Pink (And Other Lies) by Scarlett Curtis & Bronwen Brenner
    • Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott, Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis
    • Maybe Now (Maybe #2) by Colleen Hoover
    • Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
    • Reflection (Twisted Tales #4) by Elizabeth Lim
    • Regretting You by Colleen Hoover
    • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox #2) by Julie Kagawa
    • The Assassin’s Blade (Throne of Glass #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas 
    • The Burning Shadow (Origin #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
    • The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill 

    I’m happy that I managed to finish my entire 2019 physical TBR and I even finished my TBR in May!

    Conclusion: I think I can be happy with what I’ve read this year. I read some more poetry collections this year, I even bought a few this year. I wish I read more books where the main topic of the book is mental health, but I still liked reading about characters with mental health issues. I’m also really happy that I read a few books from my ebook TBR and finished my 2019 physical TBR!