2021 Reading goals


Some of you might have seen a sneak peek of my 2021 reading goals in my 2021 Bullet Journal set up, but I wanted to make a seperate post about me talking about my goals. I didn’t go all out and created crazy goals because I recently got a job (in September) and I noticed that I didn’t have as much time to read as I’d have when I had my student job and when I still lived with my parents. Now that I live with my boyfriend and that I am full-time adulting, I don’t have that much time to read anymore. Or I don’t use all of my free time to read. So I kept my goals simple but I still like them!

1. Goodreads 2021 Reading Challenge
So in 2020, I read 201 books and I’m really happy with that. Unfortunately I know that I won’t be able to read as much as in 2020. But that’s okay. I decided to go for 150 books, it’s more or less 12 books a month and I think that’s still manageable for me. Or I hope so. I can always change my Goodreads Reading Challenge so we’ll see.

2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Shirley has read 1 book toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

2. Read 5 Thriller books

So I usually read Fantasy or Romance books and I wanted to try something new. Or a bit new. I’ve read a few Thriller or Suspense books and I really enjoyed them. I love it when you need to find out the murderer, so I’m really looking forward to the 5 Thriller books!

3. Read 20 books from my 2020 ebook TBR
I still have a lot of books on my ebook TBR because I keep ‘buying’ free ebooks. It’s a bad habit of mine but I cannot resist a free ebook… In my 2019 reading goals I wanted to read 20 books from my ebook TBR too and I managed to read more than 20 books. I hope I’ll manage to read a few more books from my ebook TBR!

4. Finish my 2020 physical TBR 
I love that I decided to create this goal because it helps reduce the amount of unread books on my book shelves. Last year I managed to read all of the books on my 2019 physical TBR so let’s hope I’ll manage to read my 2020 TBR! 

My TBR consists of:

    • After We Fell (After #3) by Anna Todd
    • All This Time by Mikki Daughtry & Rachael Lippincott
    • Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • Loveless by Alice Oseman
    • Opium by Marian Mudder (Dutch book)
    • Sentinel (Covenant #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • Storm and Fury (The Harbinger #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • Swimming Lessons: Poems by Lili Reinhart
    • The Bear and the Nightingale (Witernight Trilogy #1) by Katherine Arden
    • The Brightest Star (Origin #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer
    • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 4 (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel #4) by Cassandra Clare
    Good luck with your 2021 reading goals!