A Kiss Of Venom | Review

Title: A Kiss Of Venom
Series: Black Widow #1
Author: Beena Khan
Pages: 420 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 7 September 2021
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis
 
A comatose broken with a single, deadly kiss.

Once upon a dream…
Heavy were the eyelids of the woman who reigns alone.

I’ve been in a coma for the past three years after an accident left me unconscious and widowed. I’m in a sleep so deep, it cannot be broken … until one day, I feel a brush of soft lips against mine.

In my groggy state, I wake up to a pair of dark eyes and a A comatose broken with a single, deadly kiss.

Once upon a dream…
Heavy were the eyelids of the woman who reigns alone.

I’ve been in a coma for the past three years after an accident left me unconscious and widowed. I’m in a sleep so deep, it cannot be broken … until one day, I feel a brush of soft lips against mine.

In my groggy state, I wake up to a pair of dark eyes and a sinister smile.

Now I’ve returned to my old life. I’m your neighborhood hot mess single mom who keeps her nose in everyone’s business. My husband was the FBI director, and I was one of his agents. We were part of an operation, and now, caught in the crosshairs, I’ve returned to finish the case of the most dangerous man in New York City.

My case is the Tyrant Alexander Nikolaev, the Pakhan of the Russian Bratva.

They say all great love stories have happy endings, but mine already ended in a tragedy … but he’s awakening something in me that’s dark. Kill him or kiss him, I can’t decide.

I’m getting ensnared in his trap. If I don’t entangle myself from his wicked power – I just might end up losing my life. Then no one can sever those threads.

Welcome to New York’s Underworld.


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Beena Khan!
 
A Kiss Of Venom is the first book in the Black Widow series and tells the story of Ghislaine and Alexander. The Black Widow series is a spin-off series of the Beauty & The Beast series, but A Kiss Of Venom can be read as a standalone.

A kiss of venom had never tasted so sweet.
 
When I met Alexander in A Beauty So Cursed, I was really interested in his story. I’m so glad that Beena Khan decided to write a book about Alexander. I think he’s such an intriguing character and I just really wanted to know more about him. Something I also really loved about A Kiss Of Venom, is that this book is a Sleeping Beauty retelling and the next book in the series will be a Rapunzel retelling, OMG! I’m a sucker for retellings, and Beena Khan did such an amazing job with hers. Please be aware that her retellings are pretty dark and have some hard topics such as abuse, violence, …
 
Ghislaine and Alexander are the main characters in A Kiss Of Venom. Ghislaine is such a strong woman, she’s been through so much and she doesn’t really know how to deal with her emotions and feelings. But then she meets Alexander, a Russian mafia boss. He’s everything she can’t stand but everything she wants. I really loved reading about Ghislaine and Alexander because this book shows a different side of Alexander. I really liked Alexander’s cute nicknames and I loved how much he tried for Ghislaine. They’re so perfect for each other!

A Kiss Of Venom was another amazing book by Beena Khan and it might be my favourite one yet! This book was so interesting with some action and some spice. I really enjoyed reading this book and I loved seeing Alexander and Ghislaine grow towards each other. I’m really looking forward to the next book in the series, A Lock Of Death. I’m so excited for the Rapunzel retelling and for Dimitri’s story!