2021 reading goals wrap up

I had a good reading year and let’s have a look at my 2021 reading goals!

1. Goodreads 2021 Reading Challenge
In 2020 I managed to read 201 books and I was really proud of myself. But now that I’m working full-time in 2021 I didn’t want to set the same goal. I didn’t want to disappoint myself because I know that I wouldn’t have the time to read 200 books. My goal for 2021 was to read 150 books and I managed to read more than that! I read 162 books in 2021, and I’m so happy with that!

2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Shirley has read 1 book toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

2. Read 5 Thriller books

Another goal I managed to complete in 2021! I read 5 thrillers, but I didn’t enjoy all 5 of them, oops. 
I read:
  • Opium by Marian Mudder
  • The Secret of Us by Lucinda Berry
  • If You Tell by Gregg Olsen
  • Don’t Look Now by Mary Burton
  • I’m Watching You by Teresa Driscoll

3. Read 20 books from my 2020 ebook TBR
So this is a goal that I didn’t complete at all. In 2021 I read quite a lot of books but they were mainly ARCs, ebooks from Kindle Unlimited and physical books. I didn’t read that many ebooks from my TBR. I read:
  • Possessive by Willow Winters
  • Supernova (Renegades #3) by Marissa Meyer
  • The Winter Manor by Emily Blythe
  • The Return (Titans #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me #1) by Emma Hart

4. Finish my 2020 physical TBR

So I managed to read quite a lot of books from my 2020 TBR. I gave The Bear and the Nightingale a try, but it wasn’t really my thing, and I didn’t start The Chemist. After reading the synopsis, I wasn’t that interested anymore and I didn’t want to force myself. But besides those two books, I read all the other books from my 2020 TBR!

My TBR consisted of:

    • After We Fell (After #3) by Anna Todd 
    • All This Time by Mikki Daughtry & Rachael Lippincott 
    • Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
    • Loveless by Alice Oseman 
    • Opium by Marian Mudder (Dutch book) 
    • Sentinel (Covenant #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • Storm and Fury (The Harbinger #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
    • Swimming Lessons: Poems by Lili Reinhart 
    • The Bear and the Nightingale (Witernight Trilogy #1) by Katherine Arden - DNF
    • The Brightest Star (Origin #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
    • The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer
    • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 4 (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel #4) by Cassandra Clare

    And that’s it! Even though I didn’t manage to complete all of my goals, I’m still happy with what I read this year. Hopefully 2022 will be another good reading year!