Ruin Me | Review

Title: Ruin Me
Series: Immortal Vices and Virtues #6
Author: Jenna Wolfhart
Pages: 244 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 28 October 2022
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis

The last place I expected to meet my fated mate was in an alley. On the run from angry supernaturals and drenched in at least a tidal wave’s worth of rain, I fall—literally—into his arms.

Only problem is, he’s Silas Thorn, an infamous vampire assassin who’s killed more people than I can count. If there was an entry for ‘Bad News’ in the dictionary, a picture of his disturbingly attractive face, with his strong jawline and piercing eyes, would be included.

Even worse, those supernaturals who were chasing me have caught my father. They believe he killed one of their own, and they’re out for blood. Working with Silas might be the only way to clear his name before it’s too late.

But as I’m drawn into the darkness of his world, the pull of our fated bond is almost impossible to ignore. And if I’m not careful, he will ruin me.

**Ruin Me is a steamy standalone paranormal romance set in the Immortal Vices and Virtues Universe. Every book is a guaranteed happily ever after with a satisfying ending and no cliffhangers.


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Jenna Wolfhart!
 
Ruin Me is the Sixth standalone book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world and tells the story of Gwen and Silas.
 
Jenna Wolfhart is a new-to-me author, so I was really interested in her book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series. All the books in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series I’ve read so far were so good, so I had high expectations of Ruin Me. Jenna Wolfhart’s story for this series was a quick and action-packed read, and I liked our main characters Gwen and Silas. The story was really interesting, and I liked reading in both perspectives.

Ruin Me is about Gwen and Silas. They find out they’re mates but don’t really know what to do with it. One thing they do know is that they both want to set Gwen’s father free. They work together and eventually fall for each other. I liked that their romance story was a bit slower, but I did miss the spice. All of the books in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series have a lot of spice in them, and this one did not. Ruin Me was more focused on the action/adventure and less on the romance, in my opinion.

I liked reading Ruin Me, it was fun to read a book by a new-to-me author, and I liked getting to know Gwen and Silas. They’re both enjoyable characters and I’m happy with their ending. I’m really looking forward to reading the next book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series, Ignite Me by Heather Renee. I cannot wait to read Kinsley and Grayson’s story!