Ignite Me | Review

Title: Ignite Me
Series: Immortal Vices and Virtues #7
Author: Heather Renee
Pages: 400 pages
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 10 November 2022
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis

I thought I knew what a bad day was. That was until my mate tried to kill me.

Kinsley

As a broken witch, I’ve grown up learning to do things the hard way, while doing my best to stay under the radar. I even thought I’d succeeded until Grayson Barrett shows up.

He accuses me of crimes I wouldn’t commit on my worst day and says it’s time for me to pay, but that’s not going to happen.

Turns out Grayson is my mate and, thanks to the magic that connects us, he can’t kill me. Not unless I accept his rejection and that’s not something I have any intention of doing.

At least not until I prove my innocence.

Grayson
This was supposed to be an easy job. One where I took out a magic-crazed witch, got my reward, then went about my business. Except when I find my target, things get complicated quickly.

Kinsley isn’t just any mark. She’s my mate. One I don’t want.

Only the longer I’m with her, the more I realize that Kinsley might be telling the truth. That maybe I was lied to when I took this job because one thing I know for sure … my mate isn’t a witch.

She’s the shifter heir to a house that will sooner take her life than welcome her in.

Ignite Me is a spicy standalone paranormal romance set in the Immortal Vices and Virtues Universe. Every book in this shared world has a guaranteed happily ever after with no cliffhangers. Perfect for fans of Immortals After Dark, Black Dagger Brotherhood, and the Demonica series.


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Heather Renee!
 
Ignite Me is the seventh standalone book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world and tells the story of Kinsley and Grayson.
 
Heather Renee is a new-to-me author, so I was really looking forward to reading her book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series. All the books in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series I’ve read so far were really good, so I had some expectations for Ignite Me. Heather Renee didn’t disappoint me at all, she made me fall in love with her characters and I really enjoyed reading Ignite Me!

Ignite Me is about Kinsley and Grayson. Kinsley always thought she was a witch with no magic, and Grayson is a demon/wolf shifter. From the moment I met both characters, I couldn’t stop reading about them. Kinsley and Grayson are both so interesting, I loved their personalities and their chemistry. I really enjoyed reading about this couple and the spicy scenes were amazing! I’m definitely going to miss Kinsley and Grayson!

Heather Renee did such an amazing job and she wrote such a fast-paced, well-written Fantasy Romance read! It was really hard to put this book down, hence why I finished this book in one day! I really liked getting to know our main characters, and it was nice to read about Markus (Reject Me by Kel Carpenter & Aurelia Jane) again. I’m so glad that I read Ignite Me, and I cannot wait to read more of Heather Renee’s books! I’m also really excited for the next book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues world, Corrupt Me by Everly Frost.