Bury Me | Review

Title: Bury Me 
Series: Immortal Vices and Virtues: Her Monstrous Mates #5
Author: Annie Anderson
Version: Ebook (ARC)
Release date: 19 September 2023
Rating: ★★★★.5

Synopsis

The world ended the night I was born. Coincidence? I think not.

Stuck living in the catacombs beneath what used to be NYC, I’ve managed to stay hidden. Alive. Safe…ish.

The Supernatural Syndicates that rule the city have been looking for someone powerful enough to give them an edge against each other.

Insert me: A rare female dragon shifter that’s lived underground my entire life.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m no stranger to being confined, but kidnapped and used for some f*ckstick’s gain? Hard pass.

When my guardian fails to return from a supply run, I have to re-evaluate my options. Die alone in the tunnels or risk my life on the surface.

Not exactly a hard choice.

Until three dark warriors that have been searching their whole lives for me finally catch a whiff of my scent. Relentless. Obsessed. Now that they’ve smelled me there’s nowhere to run or hide. Not from them.

A wicked fae. A cruel vampire. An alpha shifter.

I may be the last gold dragon, but I’m as good as dead when they trap me. That is until they claim the impossible.

They’re not here to kidnap me. They want to mate with me.

Protect me. Bed me. Shelter me.

Yeah, they didn’t exactly put it that way, but I know how to read between the lines. These men want me to accept the bond and be theirs.

Being naive is what got me into this situation. The last thing I want is to stay that way, but if I’m going to survive a city of ruthless bounty hunters and criminals, I need their help.

If only I could convince my lonely heart that’s all I needed from them.

** Bury Me is a spicy standalone paranormal romance in the Immortal Vices and Virtues universe. You can expect 'touch her and I'll unalive you' vibes and three sinfully hot, super growly mates who will do anything to keep her. Mature themes will be present. Reader discretion is advised. **


Review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Annie Anderson!

Bury Me is the fifth standalone book in the second season of the Immortal Vices and Virtues: Her Monstrous Matesand tells the story of Cira, Alex, Isaac and Ronan.

So I have read quite a few books by Annie Anderson and I was really surprised with Bury Me. This book was so different from her other books, in many ways, and I really liked that. This book was spicy and amazing, but it was also about so much more. The story was great, the characters were interesting and I really wanted to know how the story was going to end. 

Bury Me is the fifth book in the second season of the Immortal Vices and Virtues world, a Fantasy Romance series with standalone books. I really enjoy reading these books and it's nice to read a book by an author you know. Like I mentioned before, I have read books by Annie Anderson, but this one just hits differently. Annie Anderson usually has a specific style and her main characters are more or less the same, but Cira from Bury Me is different, but in a good way. I really loved her, and her story, and the men were amazing too.

Bury Me was a great addition to the Immortal Vices and Virtues world and I hope Annie Anderson will write more books like this one! If you're a fan of Fantasy Romance books then I highly suggest the Immortal Vices and Virtues world. If you're more into one mate, then the first season is for you, but if you're into multiple mates, then you should definitely check out the second season! All books are really good and it's a nice way of discovering new authors!