Kindle Unlimited haul #1

So I got a Kindle Unlimited subscription in July and I decided to make little hauls with the books I got from KU and a mini review of what I thought of the book.

A lot of books by my favourite authors are on KU, so I finally decided to get a subscription. I’m really happy that I did because it’s cheaper for me to pay €9.99/month than to constantly pay for ebooks because I read around 15 books a month and most ebooks are around €3.00-€6.00. There are so many amazing books in KU, and I cannot wait to read them all. Here are the first 5 books that I read with KU:

1. Sunshine and Bullets: The Complete Box Set by Coralee June
So I’ve read a few books by Coralee June before starting this trilogy, and now I love her writing even more. The Bullets trilogy is such an amazing series, and I couldn’t stop reading. The story was so interesting and I wanted to know what was going to happen to the characters!


Reviews:


2. Catch and Release (Catch #2) by Ella Fox
I really liked the first book in the Catch series, so I wanted to read the second book too and I’m kinda disappointed. Catch My Fall, the first book, was such a good book and I really liked the story and characters and the pacing was good as well, but for Catch and Release it was a total different story. The pacing was a bit off and I just couldn’t connect to the characters. Something that also bothered me was that there was no trigger warning for the self-harm in the book. I’m someone that struggles with self-harm and I don’t mind reading about it when I’m prepared. It caught me off guard and sometimes when I’m feeling low, reading about self-harm can be really triggering for me.



3. Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood #2) by Kel Carpenter & Meg Anne
It’s been awhile since I read the first book in The Grimm Brotherhood series so it was a little struggle getting into the book again. But once I was in the book, I enjoyed reading Reaping Havoc. The story was fast paced, and I liked the story. Although Reaping Havoc was a good book, I think that the first one, Reaper’s Blood, was better.



4. Burnout by Coralee June (now: Tell Me A Truth)
As I mentioned in my mini review of the first book I read with KU, I love Coralee June. I’m part of her reader group and she mentioned that she was going to remove Burnout from KU because she wanted to sell it via other stores too. So I quickly read Burnout with KU before it got removed, and I’m so happy that I did. I really need to read all of Coralee June’s other books because she’s such an amazing author. Burnout was such an amazing book and I highly recommend it!



5. Silvermoon Academy: Book 1 (Silver Moon Academy #1) by Storm Song
I’ve been addicted to TikTok since I had to study for my exams in December 2019/January 2020 and I recently saw a TikTok by Storm Song talking about her books and I was interested in the Silver Moon Academy series. I read the first book this week, it was a quick read and I enjoyed it. I ended up giving it 3.5/5 stars and I’m really excited to continue the series. I think this is going to be a trilogy, I’m not sure. I already have the second book, so I’ll keep you updated in my next haul!
 

I hope you liked my Kindle Unlimited haul with the mini reviews. I hope I’m going to read some more KU books and regularly update you and maybe you’ll find your next favourite read!